Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Week of the Wedding Planner (Week #49)

Hello World!
This last week was honestly exhausting but incredible! To start off, transfer calls came in last night, and while everyone was expecting me to be transferred..NOPE!!! J Thankfully, God let me stay here a little longer! But my companion Elder Medina was transferred for Fortaleza, and today we have 3 new missionaries arriving here in Quixada! And I’m the only one of the 4 of us that knows the city! But I´m super excited to stay here and to get to know my new companion and my new district! Elder Deza is my new companion, he’s from Peru and until now, the last hour or so with him has been good! High hopes!
Elder Medina and I about killed ourselves walking this last week because we had many people to teach in two different sides of the city! We were all set for the wedding of a couple live here to happen on Saturday, and that’s a bit of a funny story! This couple lives in the area of the other Elders, but when they were transferred, it fell to us to organize everything. I thought the other elders, being transferred only one week before the wedding, already would have gotten everything in order….NOPE! Nothing was planned, and we had to do everything! The plan was that the couple would be married, and then the bride, Suzy, would be baptized after the wedding service. Well thankfully, Tuesday night we went to go visit them. (We had to call the assistants to request permission to arrive home later because it was soo far) When we arrived, we found out that the other missionaries literally never had visited them there! That we were all planning on the baptism of Suzy after the wedding service but the other Elders actually had not taught her! She had been taught my missionaries a year ago but did not have desire then and did not remember their lessons! We taught her the basics and asked her some questions. Luckily, she truly is a convert and had been studying church manuals that her boyfriend who was a less active member had, so she already knew a lot, but that was a stressful moment! We helped her get ready for baptism and we planned everything for the wedding. On Saturday, Elder Medina and I did a split with members of the Elders Quorum here so that Elder Medina could invite people to go to church, and I could coordinate all the preparations for the wedding
The wedding was scheduled to start at 5 PM…….but the bride arrived at 7. But in the end, everything worked out ok! Suzy and Victor were married and afterwards Suzy was baptized. Sunday morning Suzy was confirmed and now the both of them are strong members in the Quixada Branch. And I gained expirience in wedding planning! Maybe I´ll make a buisness of it post mish!
That was the biggest highlight of the week! Frequency at church was a bit low yesterday, we only had 60 people, but now that were back to 2 companhionships in Quixada its gonna go back up for sure!

I hope you all are having a great week! 

Love and miss you all!
Elder Ferrell

1) The old District Quixada


2) Bruno and Suzy (Yes I was the photografer also)


3) Bruno and Suzy


4) Bruno and Suzy pre Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment