Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Ola, Tudo Bem! Week #1

Hello Everyone!

Five days in the MTC and it already feels like I've been here a month. I am currently the only missionary in the whole MTC who is going to Brazil. I am a solo missionary which means since I came in as the only person learning Portuguese last week, I have class alone. This is actually pretty cool because its literally a one on one or sometimes even two on one teaching session each time so I'm picking the language up a lot faster than usual apparently. I have two teachers, Irmõ Muchado and Sister Y (I haven't been able to see her name tag yet so its just Sister Y for now). They're both soo awesome and are so kind and loving that it forces me to study extra hard because I feel like I'd be a failure as a human being if let them down. My companion is Elder Flitton from Laguna Beach California. He's pretty chill and we have a lot of fun. Basically as a Solo Elder, I'm in class alone, and I usually am supposed to study alone, even though I often just go study with the other class during personal time because being alone like that all day can get old fast. Everyone else in my zone is going to either Africa or Portugal, so were all Portuguese speaking, but they all speak it a little differently than Brazilian Portuguese. Everyone in the Zone except for me is leaving next Monday though because they have already been here for 5 weeks, so after they leave I will be all by myself for real until the following Wednesday when were supposed to get a lot of new Brazil visa waiters. At that point the branch president said I'll be the new zone leader and expected to greet everyone with him so that will be interesting, and IDK what I'm gonna do from Monday to Wednesday as far as a companion for meals and sleeping arrangements but I'll just go with the flow!
Conference was awesome! It got really old just sitting inside all day, but looking past that, I can honestly say I've never been that interested in conference, or gotten so much out of it. It was very clear that all the talks were truly inspirations from heavenly father. Last night after the second session of GC we had a devotional where the BYU Occapella group, Vocal Point, came and did a program which was awesome! And then after that we went and watched the Joseph Smith movie, so all in all a pretty spiritual day, weekend, and week all together.
Other things: Food at the MTC is terrible and if they didn't have a salad bar for every meal I would have died of starvation by now. 
I LIVE for gym time, its basically the only thing that gets me through the day.
There are a couple of people here from Brazil serving State side and talking to them is awesome! There is one elder who is actually from East Fortaleza and served in the mission office of my mission while waiting for a Visa so that's pretty cool! Other than that there is not much to report, so I will send you more positively spiritual and otherwise uneventful adventures soon! 
Toon in Next week!
That's all Folks!

Love and miss you all,
Elder Ferrell​​


No comments:

Post a Comment