Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, April 10, 2017

Week #2

Hello All!

This last week seemed to fly by and has a bit of a bitter ending! 

First of all the longer I'm here the more I love my teachers! As a solo elder, I have three teachers officially assigned to teach me, so it is always at least a one on one experience, but since there are 21 Portuguese teachers and no where near that many students (especially since I'm literally the ONLY student until Wednesday) my classes are usually me and anywhere from 2-5 teachers at a time haha. This is really good for me because supposedly I'm learning way faster than normal (at least thats what they tell me!). My main teachers though, Brother Muchado and Sister Jolly are amazing and I can tell they truly care for me! 
The rest of the week passed pretty normally, classes all day every day, then church on Sunday and here we are! In church I was officially  called as the new zone leader, and this week I will be taking Wednesday to greet and orientate the new missionaries! 

​​​​As far as fun is concerned, when you put 6 elders in each room and keep them in class all day, in the evenings they can get pretty inventive as to how to unwind. This last week we had two prime examples. 
First: A couple nights ago we had a missionary rave in one of the residents. An elder in my zone going to Mosenbique, elder Stevens, blew up some colored balloon's, we turned out all the lights, and he strobed his flashlight into the balloons while we did a club mix mash up of Popcorn Popping on the Apricot tree. I'll try to attach the video but I'm not sure if it will send.
Second: Last night was our last night together as a zone so we decided to have a Riff Off (as in the sing off from Pitch Perfect) So we sang it up and it was pretty rad until someone decided to sing "I will always love you" and everyone joined in and it was too loud so the fuzz shut us down (Fuzz as in the Elder Upstairs who thought we were breaking the rules for some reason)

There were many other fun experiences, especially with my companion Elder Flitton, we have a lot of fun together!

Then came the less fun. Today my whole zone left for their respective missions and that was super hard! Its weird because again, even though its only been close to two weeks, It feels like I knew everyone soo much! I am really going to miss them a lot! But my hope is that this new group of missionaries are just as awesome as the last!

I want to close this weeks email by sharing with you all my testimony that I know for a fact God answers our prayers. Its not always in the way you would expect, and it isn't always how we want, but there is always an answer! He listens to each and every one of us, no matter who we are. Jesus Christ is our true savior. He has descended below everything of the earth to give us each a chance at eternal happiness. I have a strong belief in this gospel as it should be: Inviting others to find joy in Christ. I have a strong belief in God's love for all children. The atonement is real, and it is something to rejoice in! God never wants us to feel anything less than his divine love. 
If you get a chance to, please go read President Jeffery R Hollands talk from the most recent general conference. There is room for EVERYONE in gods choir.

I love you all and look forward to updating you again next week!

Elder Ferrell









No comments:

Post a Comment