Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, October 23, 2017

The dream with everything white (Week #31)

Hello world!
Today is a bit chaotic because its transfer day, but last week was awesome!
First of all, I am being transferred to Quixada! If anyone remembers from my previous emails, Quixada is just 30 minutes away from Quixeramobim, and part of the same district! Not only is it an awesome area, but there is a large possibility that I will be able to visit a lot of my friends and recent converts there when we have splits!
My companion is a newer missionary who arrived in the same group as Elder Passos named Elder Brandão.
As for this last week, it was a week of a lot of work but went well! It was really hard to say goodbye to some of our investigators, especially Joao Paulo and his family (Joao Paulo and went to church yesterday in slacks, white shirt and tie!), but that’s part of the mission.
We had a rather incredible experience last Saturday with an investigator who is having a lot of difficulty discerning between our church and another Methodist church. The preacher in the Methodist church preaches a lot of negative things about our church and about us as missionaries, so she is very back and forth, but has a desire true to discover the truth and so is reading the book of Mormon.
Last Saturday we were passing by just to see if everything was ok with her, and she said she had had a dream the night before. To properly explain this dream, first its important to say that she has only been taught about the restoration. Shes been to church a few times but we have only actually had an opportunity to teach her one full lesson because she talks A LOT. Well she told us about this dream and it went something like this:
´´I dreamed that I was in some strange clothes and everything was white. Literally everything I was wearing was white. Then I looked up and saw a thing on my head, as if for a wedding, that also was white, and I looked down at my feet, and was surprised to see they too were white. Then a woman walked by saying that I needed to hurry because it was about to start.´´
We invited here to talk to a member she is friends with who has already been through the Temple about what she dreamed, but she definitely recognized it as and answer to prayer. It was an experience incredible!
I hope you are all well! Next week I will have more to say about Quixada!
Praying for you all always!
With love,
Elder Ferrell

1 comment:

  1. Awesome week, Elder Ferrell! We pray for you and all the good work you are doing! Love, The Woodall Family

    ReplyDelete