Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Brazil, Here I Come! (Week #6)

Ola Amigos!

I am sending my weekly email early this week because I will be on a plane to Brazil on Monday! 
I do not have very long as they only gave me three hours to do everything I would usually do on my Preparation Days, so time is a bit tight!

My last week at the MTC was pretty nice! It literally flew by! Nothing out of the usual happened except for we were asked to "host" or in other words greet all the new incoming missionaries on Wednesday which was awesome! 

The coolest part about this week in big news was actually that Elder Rasband came to speak to us! He did more of a question and answer thing that was all based on his most recent general conference talk, but it was still Awesome! I cannot believe how blessed I am to have heard from two Apostles and one General 70 while here at the MTC! 

Also, apparently the church did some survey which said that people want to see more of Missionaries Singing in mormon messages, so they filmed the MTC choir this last Tuesday night when we performed for Elder Rasband, and according to my zone I was standing right in that area where the camera would always start zoomed in really close on me and the guy next to me and then slowly zoom out. So I have no idea what it will be used for but keep an eye out for any videos with missionaries singing in them! I'm gonna start changing that reputation of the name Will Ferrell one missionary video at a time!

The hardest part about the week has been saying goodbye to all my Professors here, as there were A LOT who helped teach me. Saying goodbye to the ones who taught me every day was especially hard BUT, that's all part of it, now my job is to make all their time teaching mean something!

To conclude, I want to give everyone some homework! Attached is a link to one of my favorite videos ever. It is the Mormon message that Elder Arnold shared with me when I got to meet him two weeks ago. It just came out this last week, and I would honestly be surprised if you can watch this video without feeling or learning something from it in your life. I challenge everyone to take 6 minutes (its ONLY 6 minutes long!) and watch this video, AND shoot me just a quick email, even if it is just one sentence, about either how you felt, or what you learned from watching it!
I am very eager to hear what you all think of it!


I am so excited to get to Brazil and start showing the people of Brazil how much Jesus Christ, and in turn, I myself, love them!

I love and miss you all! 

Until next Monday!

Love,
Elder Ferrell

Photos:
1) Irmao Machado and I
2) Irmao Lynn and I
3) Irma Jackson and I
4) Irmao Jones and I
5) Irma Guy and I
6) Irmao Davis, Irma Guy, and I
7) Irmao Davis (Served in my exact mission)












No comments:

Post a Comment