Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, May 22, 2017

Is it even Winter yet? (Week #8)

Hello World!
So, week two was definitely better than week one. It was a little rough on Thursday because I came down with a headcold (I feel like Brazil is treating my immune system like a punching bag, but ohh weelll)
On Saturday we had what was my first baptism here in Quixeramobim. His name is Robson (hobson) and he is awesome! It was strange because on Friday afternoon Elder Paixao and I had to go to where we had the baptism and ´´clean´´ the water, which meant we used a bucket to bail out the top few inches of things floating….definitly a different experience, but all went well and he was confirmed Yesterday in church!
I am loving the food here in brazil. They have this magical thing called Dim-Dim (Jin-Jin) that is like heaven on earth. Basically it is like a fruit flavored ice cream pop, but the fruit down here is soo good, so these things are literally addicting. Elder Paixao told me they are easy to make so we are going to start making them ourselves so we have a steady supply. Wednesdays are cool here because we get to go to another city, Quixada, for District meetings, and that was cool!
The language is coming very slowly. It is still very difficult having an entire city of people who want to talk to you but you cannot communicate, but hopefully in comes sooner rather than later! Tomorrow I start teaching a community English class that has 55 people signed up for it….We will see how that goes. I am not sure if all these people actually want to learn English, or if they just want to come and see the only white boy in the city talk funny, but either way It will be an adventure!
As far as lessons learned this week, the main one is that you only forget Sunscreen once in Brazil. The sun here is brutal! Luckilly I did not get burned too bad…..or maybe I did and the sun screen just doesn’t work because my skin is a seemingly permanent shade of red, but still. I have lost 3 kilograms already in the last two weeks….I have no Idea how much weight that actually is because I cannot look up the conversion factor for kilos to pounds…but judging by the way people react when they hear this I am guessing it’s a lot for two weeks.
Other than that nothing very exciting happened this last week!
I hope you all are doing well! Until next time friends.
Love you all,
Elder Ferrell




1) My Mission President, his wife, and I



2-3) Quixeramobim Brazil




4) Elder Paixao and I


No comments:

Post a Comment