Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 4? 5? It's hard to keep track! (Week #9 on Mission, #3 in Brazil!)

Hellllooo U.S.A.!
This week was HOT! But other wise not at all bad! We had a lot of awesome teaching experiences and met a lot of really cool people! Last Monday we went to Fortaleza for the Day because I needed to GO to the Police Office and get a permanent visa. The Day in fortaleza was great! The part where I was supposed to get my visa....not so great! The church accidentally made a mistake with the paperwork they gave me before I left for Brazil, and so now we have to GO through this long drawn out process of getting na official document from the American Embassy here that says something along the lines of ´´Do not worry this Guy is chill´´ (Thats not an exact translation) Before I can get my visa, and all of this hás to happen before June 9th or I get deported.....so that might be interesting!
In other news, I started teaching English last week which was cool! It made me feel a little bit better about how difficult portuguese is for me right now! I have two classes I teach, one meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays and hás around 25 people in it, the other only meets Saturday Mornings and hás around 35 people in it. Everyone is awesome and it is a different experience for sure!
One funny story from the week was when we were vistiting a recent convert. My Companion and her were talking casually, then Elder Paixao asked her IF she would say the opening prayer. I am not sure what she Said, because I still cannot understand what people are saying in portuguese, so I was Just sitting quietly waiting for her and Elder Paixao to stop talking and for us to say the opening prayer. Well while I was waiting quietly for this, I say the members sister down the hallway, and so I called out a cheerful greeting to her with the intent of inviting her to join the lesson. Well when I did this the member Just burst out laughing and my companion gave me the look of ´´umm are you serious bro?´´ It turns out that they had not Just been talking, the member had Said Yes to saying the opening prayer and started right into it, so I did not realize that I was Just calling out in the middle of her prayer....Awkward.
Last piece of news is we baptized an awesome new member yesterday named Tatianie Who seems really excited about the church! Were up to 20 members here now!
Hope you all have a good week, and I want to leave you with my testimony that I know that God and Jesus Christ live, and that every Trial we face here on earth is to make us stronger. Finally, please never forget how personally and tenderly Jesus Christ loves every single one of you!
With lots of Love,
Elder Ferrell

 I am sorry I still cannot figure out how to send pictures here in Quixeramobim, hopefully will have more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment