Serving in the Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Brazil, Fortaleza East Mission

Monday, June 26, 2017

Week...I am starting to lose count! (Week #13)

Hello All!
It was a pretty quiet week here in Quixeramobim! The work progressed as normal, and the sun is ever so hot! One cool thing though is we had two new Elders arrived last Thursday! Both of them are also from Sao Paulo and so I am living with three Brazillians from Sao Paulo, which is interesting! They all want me to choose to root for their soccer team, the Corintiens, but I keep telling them I need to discover for myself which out of all the teams is true. I also have made sure to put my American Flags up all over our apartment and say the pledge of allegiance for them frequently, and one day I am sure they will say it with me.
In other news, I started learning how to make ties last week! I thought it was going to be really really hard, but there is an elder here in our Mission who makes ties and said he just taught himself while he was out here in the field, so that’s what I wanted to do! Last P day I went and bough fabric and went to work, and its actually turned out pretty nice! I should finish it today!
Not much else has happened since last week. It is much easier having Elders here to split the city with, and Elder Paixao and I are able to use our time much more affectively I feel. It has been difficult at first because we gave the new Elders the areas we had been focusing on so that they had a place to start. This was awesome for them and they hit the ground running, but was more difficult for us because we haven’t worked much in our area now before last week, so we are having to build a whole new list of investigators. This is good though, and we can definitely feel the spirit guiding us as we teach!
I hope everyone back in the good US of A is having an excellent week, and a belated fathers day to all those awesome dads back home, especially my own!
I miss you all, enjoy your summer and I will speak with you again next week!

Love,
Elder Ferrell​​



1)English Class



 2) Food trucks in Quixeramobim (gets me every time)








3) Quixeramobim Brazil



4) My Rede! (Hammock)

No comments:

Post a Comment